Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Valentine Gift idea

I made this last year with my 7 year old and 6 month old boys.

First, I found paper that would fit my husband's shoe and then I traced his shoe onto the paper.

Next, I put my older son's painted foot print in the inside of the traced shoe.

Then, I put my youngest son's footprint with a different color paint.

Last, my oldest son wrote these words: Dad, thanks for giving us such big shoes to fill.

I matted and framed it and it was a perfect gift of LOVE!

This year - my husband and I are writing a journal for our oldest answering questions like: I first knew I loved you when....  and  You are so funny when.....      and  My favorite thing to do with you is....
It has been fun to make and I hope it's something he will cherish forever.

Happy Valentine's Week Everyone - may you find love in whatever you do, see, say and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment