Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Then What? My ten mintues of fame are over...or are they?


It has been a year, and even though my ten minute speech for the IAAP was great, it never occurred to me that someone other than my grandma would want to ever hear it again.


Until I got the CALL.


One of the IAAP members was now planning a church brunch and would I be the guest speaker for that.


CHURCH!! Of course! What a great way to use my gift God gave me and return it back to Him.


Then, this woman asked me what my fee would be. MY fee??!! What?? I can make money doing something I loved!? Well, since this is only my second time, I would love to just do it for free.


She insisted (it was a 75 mile commute for me, so I guess she wanted to at least cover that). It was only my second speech and I got paid for it! I honestly believe that if it were not for this woman, I would still be doing this for free today.


This church group - all woman, ages 10 to 90+ ended up being a HOOT! What a wonderful group of women and what a wonderful discussion that took place about shoes. The whole thing was shoe-themed. They all brought pairs of shoes - some were used to decorate the tables, others were used to share stories of long ago - or of to come. It was FABULOUS! We had snow shoes, bronzed baby shoes, wedding shoes, mothers' wedding shoes, shoes they wanted to be buried in, shoes they never wore and the STORIES! The laughter, the tears, the shared emotions. And I was in front of the room, leading this wonderful discussion. I was hooked! I wanted more! And I knew just where to begin. Church.


I had postcards made, courtesy of Haney's Photography. I mailed them out to community Churches, and waited by the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment