Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Upping the ante!

Up until this point my speeches have ranged anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes. Until I got the CALL!

We would like you to host a two hour workshop.

WHAT? 2 hours! Okay, bring it on!

How was I going to fill two hours. I got it...let them do the talking! Let them do the thinking! So, I made journal pages that went along with my message. Now they get to personalize my message and truly understand it and apply it in their own lives.

I added exercises, time for sharing their journal entries and what do you know - it worked! Again, a fabulous discussion.

Well, that was a boring post. Trying to do too much in one day, I guess. My point, however, is that I have now discovered that my little shoe speech can actually be used for many different events and I can speak for 10 minutes to 2 hours. What a cool thing to learn. I feel blessed that I have been asked to stretch waaayyy beyond my comfort zone and beyond anywhere I had ever hoped to be with my public speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment